Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rolloff Family Farm

Today Beau, Josh, Jill and I went to the Rolloff Family Farm pumpkin patch. It is off of Helvetia Road in Hillsboro. I have wanted to go there ever since the show "Little People, Big World" aired. We were going to go last year but by the time we got around to it they had closed for the year. So today being the perfect fall day only seemed fitting for us to go. When we got there we saw Matt (the dad) and Amy (the mom) riding around in their 4 wheeler. I was super excited. You aren't always guaranteed that you will see them because they are taping upcoming episodes so I was stoked. About two minutes later we saw Zach riding around on his bike. I was overjoyed as I watch the show quite a bit and love it. After I got over the initial excitement we went to the pumpkin patch. Although we found some great pumpkins we didn't want to stand in an hour line just to buy them so we bailed on that idea. We walked through the pumpkin fun house which was cool and then we went to buy tickets for the hay ride so we could see he whole farm. Unfortunately, they stopped selling tickets before we even got there so we couldn't go. I was bummed as that was the one reason I wanted to go. So, Beau was nice enough to say we could go back sometime when we could take the tour.

Quick Recap:
Pros-Got to spend time with hubby, Josh and Jill
Got to see Matt, Amy and Zach
Thought the pumpkin fun house was neat
Saw the camera crew filming
Got to see nice pumpkins
Ate yummy Kettle Corn

Cons-Line was too long to buy pumpkins
Didn't get to see all the Rolloffs
Didn't get to take the hay ride tour

Overall Reaction: So glad I went

*Fun note: This font is called trebuchet (which the Rolloff's have two of on the farm)

Will post pics soon

No comments: