I figured that since I was home sick I had no excuse and had to update the blog. Things have been going really well at work. The kids are hilarious and I love teaching 1st grade. I have an incredible class. They love to use good manners and to use kind words. I really drill this with them and it has worked. The only thing I obviously am not happy about is the germs. The kids are always sick and of course I am too. I have had a cold since I started three and a half weeks ago. It finally went away at the beginning of the week but by Wednesday I had a sore throat again and it went into the same cold again. I never miss a day of work but today I am home sick. I actually miss the kids today which is good. Here are a few of the funny things the kids have said:
1. Kid: "Mrs Rudzek, the bathroom smells really, really bad."
Me: "What does it smell like?"
Kid: "um, hmmm (he sniffs the air) wait, I know...it smells like McDonald's pickles"
2. Me: "What is your favorite food"
Kid: "basagna"
Me: "oh, lasagna"
Kid: "no, basagna"
Me: "okay"
There have been a lot more but I never remember to write them down. I will try and get better at that.
On another note, after much thought, prayer and patience we finally found a car for me. We ended up going with a used 2007 acura tsx. We basically stole the car from the dealership and they threw in a 100,000 mile warranty on everything and free oil changes for life. We couldn't believe the deal we got. Plus the financing was a huge blessing so the payments are very low! I love the car and feel so blessed!
Nothing much more going on but I will try and update more often...I know, I know, I say that all the time but I really will try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment