Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One Question!

How come God made some people naturally thin and others like myself can't even eat vegetables and fruit without gaining a bunch of weight?

Then we have the fantastic media who has to parade and showcase thin people as "beautiful". I know we are all beautiful in God's eyes but I am sick of not being able to eat food! I have been on Medifast for three weeks now. For those of you who don't know what it is...it is a diet which has been backed by John's Hopkins Medical Center and is all FDA approved food. You supposedly get 100% of your daily vitamins and minerals if you eat 5 of their meals a day plus one of your own (it has to be a lean protein and a cup and a half of greens or specific vegetables). The idea is that we eat way to many calories for what our body needs so on this program you eat around 1000 calories a day but still get all your vitamins and minerals in that you need to sustain. The idea is great...calories in versus calories out plus all your vitamins and minerals. Sounds great right? Well, I have only lost 4lbs in 21 days and I am eating 5 powdered meals. My coach basically guaranteed that I would lose 20-30lbs in the first months and I lost all 4 lbs. in the first four days and haven't lost a pound since. Don't know why I have plateaued. I LOVE food and I am able to eat in moderation but I have also gained a lot of weight in the past two years (love being married) :-) I bought two months worth of food so the hubs says I can't quit but I want to! I NEED to lose the weight and believe me I have tried every diet there is known to mankind but I can't lose it. Perhaps if I just pray and am content with the way I look I will actually lose weight. Hmmm...sorry I needed to vent today but it has been a really tough day. When you get to watch others eat food all day and have fresh Oregon berries and you are eating powder it is hard!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear how hard it is for you. I will pray with you for God's help in this endeavor, and for success, and for encouragment when you are sick of trying, and dying for yummy food. May God add His blessing to your efforts.