Sunday, July 27, 2008

Running Around

Today was a great day! First we went to church which always makes for a great day. Then, we came back to the house and cleaned for a while. Although that doesn't sound like the most exciting thing in the world, it was necessary. Since this is Beau's only day off I asked him what he wanted to do. He decided that he needed to go to Home Depot. "Well that sounds like a lot of fun on your day off" I said to him. So, I suggested we go pick blueberries. The place we went to was closed and said "by appointment only". Who new blueberry picking was now so popular you have to call and schedule a time. What happened to spontenaety? Anywho we drove a little bit further and found a great little farm with lots of options. We picked raspberries and marionberries for an hour or so. Although a lot was picked over we were able to get in and under the brush and find some great berries. In fact, when we went to pay for them they guy working there charged us for the prepicked berries. We told him we had picked them and he said, "wow, they looked so nice I didn't think you picked them." Haha...there's what getting a little dirty in the brush will get you...nice, yummy berries. All the berries were only $5.00 so we were happy. On our berry picking adventure we saw a lot of really amazing animals. First we found a snake, next we spotted a hornets nest (almost picked right next to it). The hornets were black with one thin yellow stripe which I had never seen before. Finally, we were picking and a bird flew out of the bushes. We thought that was strange so we went to take a look and there was a birds nest with tiny baby birds. We obviously didn't get too close as we didn't want to scare the mother away but they were so cute! I tried to post this last night but it took two hours to try and download the pics off my camera. Something was seriously wrong. When I did it this morning they came off right away. Of Course!





No comments: